About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Regulatory Affairs Advertising and Promotion Postdoctoral Fellowship is a one-year, experiential program based in Plainsboro, New Jersey. This fellowship is intended to provide experience for Doctor of Pharmacy within the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on Advertising and Promotion for prescription drugs and devices at Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI). The fellow will gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry where their education and experience can make a significant contribution to satisfying business needs and achieving company goals.
As part of this one-year fellowship, the fellow will gain experience in Regulatory Affairs, specifically in Advertising and Promotion. The postdoctoral fellow will learn about compliance with internal policies and Federal and State regulations, including compilation and submission of any required documents to regulatory agencies. As fundamentals are established, the fellow will review advertising and promotional materials and participate in Promotional Review Board meetings.
The fellow will report to their Fellowship Manager/preceptor within the Regulatory Affairs – Advertising and Promotion team throughout the one-year program. Additional key internal relationships include other areas of Regulatory Affairs and stakeholders in the promotional review process. External relationships include potential interaction with FDA personnel regarding assigned projects and roles.
- All fellows will complete a Fellowship project for presentation at a key conference/congress. Additionally, fellows may be asked to attend other relevant scientific conventions, regulatory conferences, and other travel as required for business needs related to fellow projects
- The fellow will have regular contact with cross functional areas including: Marketing, Medical Information, Marketing Operations, and Legal Affairs. This structured approach will allow for a broad, “hands-on” experience enabling the fellow to gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry
- Advertising and Promotion
- Ensure company compliance with Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requirements, including review of draft and final advertising and promotional materials for assigned projects, and timely and accurate submission of promotional materials to FDA on Form 2253
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws, regulations and policies enforced by the Federal and State governments as they relate to advertising and promotion of pharmaceuticals and devices. Advise appropriate departments within the company of these requirements and assist in establishing procedures to ensure compliance with these requirements
- Monitor the prescription drug advertising and promotion landscape and competitor promotional materials to provide regulatory intelligence to relevant stakeholders
- Assist in development and implementation of strategy to maintain efficient and compliant promotional review and submission processes
5% – 10% overnight travel required.
- A Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy with strong academic track record required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Presentable, highly articulate, goal-oriented, honest, with high integrity and strong ethics
- Track record of team work, innovation and project management
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and independently
- Possess good communication skills, both oral, written and presentation
- Demonstrate an ability to perform medical accuracy review with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS word software applications and overall computer skills with knowledge of literature search technique required
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.