About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Postdoctoral Multidisciplinary Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Fellowship is a two-year, experiential program based in Plainsboro, New Jersey. This fellowship is intended to provide an educational and practical experience for a PharmD within the pharmaceutical industry. The Fellow will contribute to different functional areas at Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI), where a PharmD’s training and expertise will provide value to the organization. The Fellow will gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry where their education and experience can make a significant contribution to meeting customer needs and achieving company goals.
During this two-year fellowship, the Fellow will gain experience in several concentrated focus areas: one year in Medical Information and two, 6-month rotations, or a 1-year rotation in other functional area(s) within the Scientific Center of Excellence at Novo Nordisk, Inc.
The Fellow will report to the Fellowship Director throughout the two-year program and will also have a reporting relationship with a manager/preceptor in the respective functional areas during their rotations. Additional key internal relationships may include Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, Learning & Development, Clinical Trial Management, and Clinical Development.
- Fellow will collaborate with cross-functional areas including Medical
- Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, etc. This structured approach will allow for a broad, “hands-on” experience enabling the Fellow to gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry
- Fellow may complete a research project related to challenges, best practices, hot topics, and/or innovative methods to communicate scientific information for presentation to internal stakeholders or at a key conference/congress. Additionally, Fellow may be asked to attend other relevant scientific conventions, national team meetings and other travel as required for business needs
- Multidisciplinary Fellow will gain experience for one year in Medical Information and two additional 6-month rotations, or a 1-year rotation in one of the functional areas listed below
- Medical Information (required)
- Gain an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Medical Information Therapeutic Manager in a pharmaceutical industry setting
- Provide verbal, written, and on-demand video responses to unsolicited medical and technical inquiries about Novo Nordisk, Inc. products from health care professionals (HCPs), institutions, and/or payors
- Create and/or revise standard and custom medical information responses for use in answering existing and anticipated medical and technical inquiries from HCPs
- Assist field medical and sales colleagues who receive unsolicited inquiries and request medical information support
- Revise and/or add to content in comprehensive evidence-based medical information documents (e.g., clinical overviews, formulary dossiers, online evidence repository)
- Ensure compliance with Food & Drug Administration (FDA) requirements as they affect Medical Communications; responses must be accurate, up-to-date, balanced, and scientific
- Provide related medical support, which may include but is not limited to: internal product and disease state training, collaborating on Customer Care Center scripts, staffing medical booths at meetings/conventions, global alignment of medical information standards and best practices
- Medical Education (option)
- Gain an understanding of industry regulations pertaining to independent medical education and ensure that assigned programs are funded and executed in compliance with these guidelines
- Participate in the review and evaluation of grant requests submitted by various medical education providers. Analyze needs assessments, educational objectives, learning objectives, and agenda in submitted grant requests to ensure alignment with medical education strategy
- Project manage assigned medical education programs to ensure successful implementation of programs within budget
- Review program content, after their dissemination to intended audiences, for medical accuracy and fair balance
- Assess the effectiveness of supported programs by reviewing and/or aggregating outcomes data
- Develop and disseminate monthly communications to internal stakeholders to share the value of supported medical education programs
- Publications (option)
- Gain an understanding of industry regulations pertaining to scientific publications and ensure that all publications are executed in compliance with these guidelines
- Participate in the development of publication plans, needs assessment, gap analysis and publication proposals to ensure alignment with Novo Nordisk, Inc. and Global publication strategy
- Represent Publications team at global Publications Planning Group meetings, and internal stakeholder and external vendor status update meetings
- Project manage assigned disease-state or product-specific publications to ensure successful poster or oral presentations at Congresses and submissions of manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals
- Assess the impact and reach of Novo Nordisk, Inc. publications
- Product Safety (option)
- Collaborate with Product Safety management and functional groups to learn about general pharmacovigilance and related activities
- Gain an understanding of basic US FDA and other Global Health Authority regulations related to capturing and reporting of safety information
- Collect verbal and written safety information from physicians, HCPs, consumers and company sales and field personnel for post-marketing event reports
- Perform case review of safety data into the required intake and safety database based on internal and external timelines
- Scientific Communications & Digital Strategy (option)
- Gain an understanding of the impact of digital resources on knowledge dissemination
- Acquire basic knowledge of web development and its impact on user experience
- Learn the significance of content format types and their impact on knowledge retention
- Interpret engagement metrics to create actionable insights
- Curate content for Scientific Communication channels (e.g., Twitter, externally facing websites)
- Collect market/stakeholder research to gauge effectiveness of digital projects
- Manage various projects (e.g., content creation for digital use, point of care tool integration)
10% overnight travel required.
- A PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy with strong academic track record
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Good communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Goal-oriented, high integrity and strong ethics
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Track record of teamwork, innovation, and project management
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS word software applications and overall computer skills with knowledge of literature search techniques required
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.