About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Join Novo Nordisk Inc, (NNI) and boost your career. We are a dynamic organization and the RDP program is a talent incubator for the Novo Nordisk Finance team – we recruit, train and export talent into the Novo Nordisk Inc. finance organization. Projects can be strategic or operational in nature but are always important to Novo Nordisk Inc’s Finance team. This program is run by the Chief of staff to the NNI CFO, and delivers on projects for the Vice President (VP) of Finance & Supply chain, and other senior leaders within the Finance department. Throughout the program you will have the opportunity to interact with and present to senior level management.
The Graduate Rotational Development Program (RDP) – Finance track is a two year program that provides a multi-disciplinary Finance learning and development opportunity designed to provide you with both depth and breadth of knowledge and practical experience in corporate finance and the pharmaceutical industry.
During the program, you will complete 4 total rotations, with 3 rotations at NNI finance in the US and one elective rotation at our headquarters in Denmark or in another area within NNI. The US rotations will take place in relevant departments based on the graduate’s development needs, as well as organisational needs. The rotations will give the graduate experience within financial planning & analysis (FP&A), gross to net (G2N), and project management.
In FP&A the individual will participate in the target setting/forecast process for NNI financial goals, engage with non-finance stakeholders in budget tracking and spend management, and perform the monthly financial closing process for assigned areas.
In the G2N group, the individual will assist in the modelling of volume and pricing forecasts for the entire product portfolio and in the presentation & communication of business and forecast results to stakeholders and senior management.
The elective rotation will provide you with a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience either by exploring another discipline (Market Access, Marketing, etc.) or an international experience within the Finance / consulting organizations in headquarters in Bagsværd, Denmark. Identification of elective rotations are based on business needs as well as graduate fit and availability.
Reports to the Chief of Staff to Finance & Operations with program oversight by the RDP executive sponsor. Works closely with other members of that department and may directly support VPs or Senior Directors on select assignment as well as key stakeholders in other functional areas. RDPs are encouraged to build and sustain a network of Plainsboro and global colleagues to foster organizational understanding and visibility to future prospects.
Seeks mentoring from his/her manager for each rotation across the lifecycle of the program. The mentoring relationship is intended to supplement effective coaching, development and performance enhancement we expect from all managers in the organization.
- Exhibit a process improvement mindset, contribute to the development and improvement of assigned department in respect to processes, procedures, policies and internal/external compliance requirements
- Effectively use data and market insights to problem solve and reach solutions
- Complete and timely execution of all assignments by the Program Manager and/or Rotation Manager in line with annual plan of the organization
- Learn and develop throughout the program, with a focus on gaining an overview of the Novo Nordisk organization (including general knowledge of the business, the products, the customers, and the competitors); particularly of the NNI Finance organization and developing an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry in which Novo Nordisk operates
- Ensure adherence to prescribed internal controls and documenting such adherence, as necessary, in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley or other compliance requirements
- Effectively analyze and interpret data in order to clearly communicate operational performance trends, future outlook, and any resulting implications, required key actions, and/or strategic implications
- Complete and transmit monthly financial statement reports, analytics, and commentary to local and HQ management
- Understand the Novo Nordisk Way with a focus on individual contribution to the Triple Bottom Line and incorporate these ideals into all actions and decision-making processes
- Responsible for mastering and becoming expert in various financial systems such as Business Warehouse, Global Financial Planning, SAP R/3 and ESSBASE, as required
- Use of critical thinking to effectively present and communicate ideas in a structured and logical manner to colleagues and stakeholders
0-10% overnight travel required; May require international travel.
- A recent (i.e., within last 18 months) MBA, MS, or MA degree with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Undergraduate/Graduate Finance, Accounting or Economics concentrations preferred
- Two years of experience in a business environment, including internships is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and assist / lead a project
- Ability to function in a project leadership role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and a variety of additional technology applications (e.g., SAP)
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of success and the ability to demonstrate initiative and think creatively
- Ability to present and communicate ideas effectively
- Capable to critically think and communicate ideas in a structured and logical way
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to problem solve using data and market insights
- Capable of analyzing large data sets to distil for critical insights and report back
- The ability to adapt to new marketplaces and environments as dictated by the business
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.