About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Application Architect is responsible for implementing and supporting technology capabilities to enable website and web applications that can maximize positive business impact using functional components that are optimized for performance and operation and are robust in handling unexpected technical issues.
The Application Architect collaborates with Omnichannel Marketing stakeholders and brand teams to identify new web/web application capabilities, provide technical solutions including upstream and downstream changes, enable effective testing/release/code management, and provide post-production support using Agile methodologies. In case of critical production problems, the Architect is responsible for leading triaging, root cause analysis, solution design and implementation until problems are resolved.
Reports to the Associate Director of Business Applications for Marketing Systems. The position interacts with multiple Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) internal functions, such as Omnichannel Marketing, brand management, Patient Support, IT Operations, IT Quality, and Novo Nordisk Global Business Services as well as external partners and agencies supporting technically focused website and web application templates and components.
- Work with Omnichannel Marketing, brand managers, and Patient Support collaboratively to strategize solutions for new website/web application builds: identify high level business capabilities, potential technical problems, and opportunities for future sites’/applications’ roadmaps
- Identify technical capabilities required to enable new websites/web applications and achieve required key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Serve as a subject matter expert and lead architecture design of websites and web applications
- Conduct necessary data analysis to optimize data flows from site and application users through all touchpoints
- Estimate volume of site/application activity and required capacity to ensure excellent system performance
- Ensure solution integrity through the use of best practices when developing or collaborating on business solutions
- Leverage understanding of Novo Nordisk functions to identify dependencies across site/application components and ensure needs and requirements are translated into innovative business solutions that are creative, thorough and robust
- Collaborate with on-site and offshore technical resources to elicit business requirements, conduct technical design sessions, and provide guidance on best design practices as well as critical business and data test scenarios to build an effective and efficient solution
- Review all SDLC documents associated with new functionality and ensure related documentation quality process is accomplished; maintain documentation according to Quality requirements
- Collaborate with line of business (LoB) to plan and release new functionality as scheduled
- Monitor new site and application performance and processes through stabilization phase and attainment of KPIs
- Monitor all system component utilizations and address unexpected capacity growth
- Ensure source code and version control processes are followed by all teams during implementations, and update webhosting standards to be used by partners and agencies
- Participate in design and code reviews; provide guidance in best coding practice which is easy to implement and support
- Review and monitor user access in webhosting environments and enforce password policies for both user and service accounts
- Provide guidance when handling difficult incidents; ensure team members understand business impacts and react accordingly
- Coach less experienced team members to build up team capabilities
- For major defect fixes: establish implementation plan and manage daily stand-up meeting to track progress and remove barriers to resolution
- Follow appropriate change management process: conduct pre-analysis and work with LoB to prioritize changes; detail analysis used for realistic delivery commitments
- Serve as point of contact for LoB on many website and web development technical needs
- Collaborate with external partners to implement necessary interfaces for data/file exchanges, whether batch or API-based
- Ensure proper data quality as part of site new builds and updates according to other application/stakeholder needs
- Foster and develop an environment of open and honest communication to build strong partnerships with LoB stakeholders and a positive perception of NNI IT
- Utilize knowledge and experiences of system development lifecycle to anticipate potential barriers, provide solutions and ensure successful completion of web-related initiatives across a wide variety of stakeholder groups
- Collaborate to ensure responsibilities are appropriately assigned across all teams; ensure each team member is contributing according to their commitments and the goals of the new solution
- Define standards and metrics for quality and stakeholder satisfaction; monitor data to improve service levels
- Proactively monitor all website/web application technical components and processes to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), audit and industry best practices
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree With 2+ years OR a master’s degree with 1+ years in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Solid relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements if appropriate
- Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry preferred
- Project/initiative lead experience is required
- Experiences in full life cycle of software development for complex websites required
- Demonstrated competency in managing/maintaining complex websites with multiple interacting system and data components is preferred
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytic methods to improve business processes and their enabling applications is required
- Experience in agile development and testing preferred
- Cross-functional team collaboration experience required (e.g. with brand/other LoB stakeholders)
- Self-sufficiency and ability to query code/databases, identify issues/gaps, and proactively investigate and escalate problems with proposed solutions is required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.