About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
As a member of the Advanced Analytics & Innovation team, collaborates with team members and other CI&A (Commercial Insights and Analytics ) teams to deliver advanced data and analytics solutions to Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) Commercial Stakeholders to the benefit of patients, prescribers and other stakeholders. Works across the CI&A (Commercial Insights and Analytics ) organization to implement advanced data and analytics solutions to critical business questions. Applies statistical and machine learning methods to deliver solutions leveraging internal and syndicated commercial datasets such as Xponent Plantrak, LAAD, Experian, Veeva, ICM and other. Applies statistical and technical skills to design and measure test and control programs designed to assess promotional programs and marketing/sales experiments.
Reports to the Senior Director, Advanced Analytics & Innovation. Internal relationships include directors and members of other CI&A teams, IT, Marketing brand leads, extended brand teams, and other Marketing stakeholders. External relationships include secondary data vendors and consultants.
- Collaborates with teammates, other CI&A (Commercial Insights and Analytics )resources and/or line of business (LoB) stakeholders to refine advanced analytics/ML requirements, determine appropriate datasets and algorithms, identify patterns and formulate solutions, experiment and perform analysis. Scope of analyses performed may vary from one-time ad hoc analysis to defining and building a sustainable analytical tool that can be productionized for ongoing use
- Drives the development and delivery of innovative analytics solutions and services (text mining, data visualization, data mining, statistical modeling, machine learning) in response to business requirements and priorities
- Implements, based on defined specifications data driven approaches to generating insights and solutions to address business issues
- Works with IT and data engineers to acquire and transform datasets required for analyses, and then may collaborate to move them to production for other users and use cases
- Serving as an internal expert on statistical analysis, test & control processes and experimental design
- Applied advanced programming techniques using SAS, R, Python, SQL or other tools as required to profile and analyze data
- Leverages tools such as Tableau to deliver sustainable tools to CI&A and Line of Business stakeholders
- Presents results of analysis in concise and coherent way to ensure business understanding and uptake
- Provides expertise on commonly applied datasets and metrics for advanced, including both internal (Veeva, NPP, etc.) and syndicated (Xponent Plantrak, LAAD, Real-world EMR and Claims data, etc.)
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor ‘s degree from an accredited institution in Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Economics, Computer Science, or other technical area is required. MS or MBA preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience including academia/education in market analytics, forecasting, return on investment analysis, quantitative finance, pricing, data science, or other related areas.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience highly preferred
- Most important, strong affinity for and desire for analytic problem-solving, and ability to work independently
- Prior experience with SAS, R, Python, Scala, or any other languages designed to rapidly analyze data
- Experience with analyzing structured data; experience with IMS data or other industry sources strongly preferred
- Advanced competence in using Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Writing, presentation, project management and influencing skills required
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive change. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees to change the lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.