6000! That is the number of associates across the globe at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The Biology for Drug Discovery group in Cambridge, US, is seeking a B.S./M.S. level scientist to boost our efforts to discover novel therapeutics and drug targets. This group is part of the Chemical Biology and Therapeutics (CBT) department, a global multidisciplinary network of biologists and chemists that collaborate across all Disease Areas at NIBR. This is your opportunity to experience a wide variety of projects and make an impact in different disease indications.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Design and execute cell and molecular biology experiments, interpret and challenge results, and generate new hypotheses
– Develop disease-relevant cellular and biochemical assays
– Perform mechanistic studies to characterize drug candidates using cellular biology, genetics, and molecular biology approaches
– Work in interdisciplinary teams to share expertise and collaborate toward shared goals
– Assess and implement emerging technologies and novel assays
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
– M.S. degree in biological sciences or B.S. degree +2 years of hands-on research experience in mammalian cell biology and biochemistry
– Knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques that may include: cell culture, cloning, viral transduction, stable cell line generation, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, reporter assays, FRET, qRT-PCR, Western Blotting, and CRISPR
– Strong organizational skills to design, perform, track, and interpret experiments
– Highly self-motivated, curious, fast learner, flexible, and innovative
– Excellent teammate with strong oral and written communication skills
– Previous experience with automation and small molecule screening will be favorably considered
– Ability to handle large data sets and familiarity with analysis software such as GraphPad Prism/Spotfire
Why consider Novartis?
769 million patients were impacted by Novartis products in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.