Over 200 new sales positions are being added to our Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism team. At Novartis we are committed to reducing the global burden of cardiovascular, renal, and metabolic diseases on patients, families, and their communities. We are focused on developing solutions targeting heart failure (acute and chronic), atherosclerosis, metabolic and renal diseases with the aim of improving quality of life for patients all over the world.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Primary Care Specialist / Senior will build and execute business plans to meet sales goals for territory, and drive territory sales performance, market share and optimal resource utilization. The Primary Care Specialist / Senior will develop effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results across a range of therapeutic areas and differentiate Novartis as a leader in therapeutic areas.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers or therapeutic area.
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships).
• Executes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency.
• Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
• Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
• Uses expert knowledge of Novartis products and of a range of therapy areas to build professional customer relationships and to support sound clinical discussions.
• Serve as a resource to assist with providing both proactive and reactive education and support regarding NPC CRM access programs as needed for community practices, medical groups and facilities, and their staff. Triage to franchise counterparts as appropriate.
• Proactively provide education and support on NPC CRM access programs for community practices, medical groups and facilities, and their staff
• Serve as a resource and/or assist with providing support for resolving customer/account questions regarding coverage, access, and reimbursement, where appropriate. Triage appropriate inquiries, including patient-specific inquiries, to FRM and/or other franchise counterparts as directed by NPC policy and procedure.
• Develop compliant customer-centric support strategies and proactively communicate payer policy criteria related to NPC CRM products
Integrity & Compliance:
• Adherence and accountability to NPC policies including policies regarding appropriate Medical / Commercial interactions, Code of Ethics, and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
• Ethical achievement of sales and revenue targets.
Check out our video about this CRM sales role!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or business-related field).
• Minimum two years of successful sales experience (preferably business to business sales experience).
• Demonstrated outstanding discernment and business planning skills.
• Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional ability to develop and sustain customer relationships. Proven track-record to collaborate and work cross functionally with internal and external partners.
• This is a remote position that will cover Key Accounts in the assigned region. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
• Experience across therapeutic groups, disease states and new product launches.
• Understanding of managed care environments and account management strategy.
• Knowledge of buy-and-bill, access, reimbursement resources, and product acquisition.
• Experience working with established injection networks.
How to apply:
Click the Apply Externally link and search for a region of interest to apply. If you are interested in more than one region, please apply to all. A cover letter is not required. External job postings will be taken down as they are filled, so please apply as soon as possible.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary:
The midpoint of the salary range for this role is $82.5K-105K. the base salary offered may vary based on the final candidate’s qualifications. The level of this role will also be determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications. Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and employee recognition scheme are some of the benefits you will receive as an employee of Novartis.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.