Noumena Education Initiative (NEI), a private education consulting firm serving Korean nationals and international students, seeks sharp and resourceful professionals to join our team. NEI, founded by American Ivy League graduates, is unlike any other learning institution in Korea. Private education in Korea is a $16 billion (USD) industry, which NEI is striving to reshape through innovative instruction and dedication to true learning rather than mere profits. As NEI continues to expand its operations, ample opportunities for professional and financial growth exist for career oriented individuals. We seek ambitious aspiring individuals who are eager to take the company to the next level. We offer profit sharing opportunities to those who can establish a strong track record of loyalty, performance, and initiative. We are still a small company, but with the right career-minded individuals we believe we can become a multinational firm within the next five years. We earnestly seek candidates who are as ambitious as our vision.
As a Math and Science Education Advisor, you will work as part of a team committed to maximizing student potential. At Noumena, we have assisted students in gaining admission to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, and other top 30 US universities. Responsibilities include teaching, developing curriculum, and company building. We operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment that requires highly motivated intellectuals. With minimal supervision, the members of our dedicated staff are required to excel on project-oriented work, which frequently involves analysis, research, and extensive planning. Our company’s goal is to provide exceptional service to each and every client, and Education Advisors play a key role in this service. As an Education Advisor, you will also help students empower their minds and recognize the intrinsic value of education. Education Advisors will sign a 27-month contract with a competitive salary. After successful completion of 27 months, profit sharing opportunities will be offered to select individuals who have contributed greatly to the growth of the company. Promotions will be outlined within the contract.
– Teach and manage various classes: SAT I Math, AP courses including Calculus AB/BC and Chemistry, IB courses, SAT II Subject tests such as Math 2 or Biology, Book Club, TOEFL, Grammar Mastery, GPA Management, etc.
– College and Boarding School Applications Counseling
– Curriculum development
– Creating and designing books and workbooks
– Creating office templates and platforms for our various services
– Online teaching
– On-going comprehensive training and professional development
– Six (6) months of free Korean language lessons
– Ten (10) days paid vacation plus accumulated government holidays after one year of employment
– Historical and cultural travel reimbursement throughout Korea
– Housing allowance
– Big Four Insurance Programs of the Republic of Korea: National Pension, National Health Insurance, Employment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance.
– Fast-track promotions and profit-sharing opportunities
– Severance Pay: one month’s salary after first year of employment
– Flight reimbursement
How can you join the team?
For foreigners to legally work in Korea, they must obtain a visa. Foreigners must provide specific documents to be considered eligible for a work visa. Failure to produce any of the following documents will affect any chances of employment.
Documents required by the Korean government:
– BA/BS degree from an accredited university
– A notarized copy of diploma with Apostille is required
– Official sealed university transcripts
– FBI Criminal Background Check with Apostille
– This process can take two or three months
– Health examination upon arrival
– Valid passport
Who is NEI looking for?
– Bachelor’s Degree from a top 30 US university or equivalent in a STEM-related field
– Excellent presentation, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
– Committed to company growth
– Strong entrepreneurial and competitive spirit
– Desire to learn and grow with the organization
– Ability to motivate and engage students
– Goal-oriented and results driven
– Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
– Positive attitude about flexible work schedule
– Ability to complete projects within specific timelines while maintaining a high standard of work
– Attention to detail and ability to multitask
– Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions
– Capable of carrying out detailed research and managing complex projects
– Expertise in MS Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access
– Previous teaching experience, including online experience
– Experience with AP and IB programs, specifically math and science courses
– Proficiency in a second language desired but not mandatory
The visa process is long, so please note that applying early will work to your advantage!
Please submit the following documents via Handshake or email to: email@example.com
– Cover Letter
– College Admissions Essay or an equivalent writing sample of at least 500 words
– SAT I Scores
– SAT Subject Test Scores
– AP/IB Scores if applicable
Anthony J. Lee
Noumena Education Initiative
Tel. (+82) 02-583-0164 | Fax (+82) 02-583-5445
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea