When the world’s top medical device OEMs and academic institutes need real-time medical instrument navigation, they call NDI. Why? Because no one can rival the accuracy and reliability of our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions. NDI team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology that will help to unlock new procedures and solutions. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We’re growing and looking for great people to join us.
Our team of professionals at the Northern Digital Inc. (NDI) office located in Shelburne, Vermont are currently recruiting for a Hardware Design Engineer with experience in product design and development.
How You Will Make an Impact
You will be responsible for detailed design and development of DSP and CPU based systems, along with FPGA and low-level interfaces, powers supplies and analog devices, from conception to implementation, and will work as part of a cross-functional R&D team, building solutions for our OEM partners. This role requires someone with a proven record of architecting and implementing embedded hardware systems. The successful candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and effective at hardware design, implementation and testing.
The successful candidate will be joining our team of professionals at the Northern Digital office located in Shelburne, Vermont.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Help the group to collaborate and integrate designs with the embedded system software group
- Participate in discussions with internal/external customers to ensure application requirements are fully understood and recorded
- Prepare material and participate in peer reviews
- Design to NDI’s internal development standards, and produce associated technical documentation to meet design control requirements
- Participate in defining/developing appropriate tests for the embedded designs
- Ensure completion is timely, striving to meet or exceed project milestones
Ready To Make a Difference?
What You Will Bring To the Role:
- BS or advanced degree in engineering such as Electrical or other related technical discipline, with 3 + years of Experience in Electrical Engineering
- A fit with NDI culture: Be Different, Be Better; Customer First; Be Genuine & Honest; Win Together
- 3+ years implementing digital/embedded hardware systems
- 3+ years of recent experience with DSP, ARM and FPGA technologies. Analog and digital signal processing a plus.
- Experience in developing Bluetooth and serial interface solutions, such as UART, I2S, I2C, SPI and TDM
- Familiarity with C/C++ and/or some other programming language experience
Desire Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Power supply design.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Magnetics/physics/mathematics background a plus
- Ability to initiate and take on work independently with minimal guidance.
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills
Why NDI in Shelburne, Vermont?
- NDI is a growing global company based in Ontario, Canada with additional offices in Vermont USA, Germany, and Hong Kong.
- Exciting, challenging and meaningful work based on cool technology.
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year.
- Located in popular Shelburne, Vermont and 45 minutes to the ski and snowboard resorts of the Green Mountains.
- 20 minutes to Burlington, Vermont International Airport and 15 minutes to the to the shores of Lake Champlain and the Burlington Surf Club.
- Located in a campus like setting that includes courtyard, large outdoor areas, skylights, ample parking, pizza, wine and beer and much more!
- Steps away from Shelburne Museum which hosts frequent festivals and a summer concert series.
This is a full-time position eligible for participation in the Company’s group insurance plan on day one. Our benefit programs support our employees and allow them to balance their personal lives with flexible work hours and environment. NDI offers generous paid vacation, sick time, paid Holidays time and company-wide shut-down. Also, 401k plan with matching contributions by the company and tuition reimbursement program. Two kinds of Medical plans + Dental and Vision coverage on day one of employment. The company pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D and Short Term/Long Term Disability. After you have been an employee for 6 months you are eligible to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Being a Part of Our Team:
For 40 years we’ve partnered with the world’s foremost OEMs to bring tracking solutions to medical device, simulation, and research markets. Our technologies have helped our partners pioneer computer-assisted surgery and computer-assisted therapy and is the foundation of 90% of the most progressive surgical navigation systems on the market. We enjoy tackling new challenges and developing new pathways to serve our customers. We’re a smart, talented, hardworking company – the best at what we do. We are looking for innovative individuals who don’t see this as just a job, but as a career choice. If this sounds like you, why don’t you join us!
Diversity & Inclusion Corporate Statement
We strive to create an inclusive environment that inspires and supports different ideas, attitudes and beliefs. Most importantly, promoting a workplace where everyone has the opportunity to contribute and do their best work. The greater diversity in our team, the better unique perspectives we share, the stronger our company becomes.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.