A Day in the Life of a Machine Learning Intern:
As a Machine Learning Intern, you will be working with a team of Machine Learning professionals who apply various cutting-edge machine learning and statistical techniques to real-life use-cases and provide actionable insights to the business. You will have the opportunity of working with Norfolk Southern’s big data analytics platform and mine massive amounts of data using various toolsets like R, Python, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV, Hive, etc.
You MUST be able to work 40 hours a week in our midtown Atlanta office for 3 months during Spring 2022.
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning algorithms for unique use cases.
- Evaluate accuracy and quality of the designed models as well as data sources.
- Stay up to date with the latest models and changes in the technology.
- Communicate results and implications to colleagues and business partners.
- Proficiency in Python required, Spark preferred.
- Hands-on and theoretical knowledge of various Machine Learning algorithms and tools.
- Expertise with Time Series problems is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tool/software (e.g., matplotlib, seaborn, Tableau)
- Experience operating in a Unix/Linux operating.
REQUIRED: Enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D program during the Spring 2022 term.
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering – Statistics, Engineering – Systems Engineering, Mathematical Sciences – Applied Mathematics, or Physics
You MUST be able to work 40 hours a week in our midtown Atlanta office for 3 months during Spring 2022. Relocation assistance is not provided, but NS does offer a Living Stipend (below), which is taxed.
Graduate Student – $3,666/month
***Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
***Sponsorship may be available to those who qualify.
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: No
Travel Required: occasionally