NM is a data science company that builds innovative technologies that serve industries worldwide, from finance to manufacturing to logistics. We do a lot of work in data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization and operation research. We invent new technologies to implement these theories of mathematics and we do consulting work to apply the theories in industrial settings.
We are now seeking candidates to develop numerical computing software to solve real world problems. Interested candidates should have a background in computer science, optimization, statistics, operations research, industrial engineering and/or machine learning, but we will consider candidates with strong background in related fields, such as physics.
Successful candidates will contribute towards the research, design, testing and implementation of numerical algorithms and computing systems. They will get experience to solve real world modeling problems, such as those in finance, manufacturing and logistics. This is an opportunity to receive first hand guidance from experts in the field as well as being exposed to the work of seasoned colleagues.
Our developers or researchers are responsible for transforming published mathematical or computer algorithms into well-designed, easy-to-understand and maintainable code. The candidate should be proficient in understanding academic research papers. The candidate should be capable of designing, coding and testing algorithms. The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to learn and work independently. Full and part time positions are available.
- degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related disciplines
- expert in Java
- understanding of Java Memory Model
- solid understanding of object-oriented design and software engineering
- understanding of complexity theory and be able to analyze algorithms
- design pattern a MUST
- professional experience in multi-threaded programming a MUST
- in-depth knowledge of object-oriented technologies
- familiar with IDE’s such as NetBeans, Eclipse, JBuilder, IntelliJ
- knowledge of unit testing framework like JUnit
- understanding of software engineering principles
- detail oriented
If interested, please send a resume to: