Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
- The selectee will be responsible for independently planning, conducting and coordinating complex multi- faceted analytical assignments and or research products in support of risk analysis and management.
- Collects, processes, analyzes and disseminates intelligence products related to local, regional, state and national issues that may have a direct bearing on the day to day operations of FPL. These include but are not limited to the protection of FPL assets and personnel.
- Researches many sources of information to analyze and develop actionable intelligence. Such material may include law enforcement briefs, websites and any other various sources of open source material.
- May conduct broad based research, link analysis, or intelligence data summarization and reports for other units of FPL.
- An understanding of data collection and analysis protocols.
- Ability to clearly explain data orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, coordinate, conduct, gather, interpret, evaluate, analyze, summarize, and present findings. involving large amounts of information and data from diverse and vast sources.
- Prioritize issues, solve problems, formulate options, develop profiles and present assessments to concerned parties.
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of intelligence research techniques, and the ability to support tasks, assignments, and projects independently.
- Advanced Knowledge of common computer applications and operating systems programs including windows based software such as Power Point, word and Excel.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher