Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Whately, MA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Engineering
We have built our business on the idea that home fragrance can provide comfort, inspire joy, indulge the senses, and bring people together. We don’t think there is anything better than having the privilege to be part of creating new memories and making special moments even more special. And since we don’t think anyone can hold a candle to our employees – we believe that you will work with some of the best people in the industry, every day.
General Purpose of Job:
The Supply Chain Engineer will be a key member of the Supply Chain Engineering team delivering key projects through world-class project execution. The main responsibility is to plan, control, and execute capital-intensive projects across the Manufacturing and Distribution & Transportation segments of the supply chain. Projects will have varying degrees of complexity and will involve manufacturing processes, productivity improvements, technology and robotics implementation, Distribution Center design and optimization, and facilities engineering. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help design and deploy new machinery to help move the organization to a new level of automation and quality. This position will be based in our Whately, MA manufacturing facility with global outreach.
· Lead technology and automation deployment activities in global manufacturing and distribution facilities
· Represent Supply Chain Engineering in the review and execution of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives
· Conduct Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping exercises, definition of future state conditions and other Lean/Six Sigma process improvement activities
· Identify root cause and implement effective countermeasures for new, transferred, or modified manufacturing processes
· Support supply chain productivity efforts in identifying and executing cost-savings initiatives
· Lead commissioning, qualification, validation activities for new equipment installations
· Partner with Newell central resources to support corporate business initiatives
· Ensure project execution supports return on investment (ROI) expectations by partnering with engineering, operations, finance, and planning teams during project scoping and business case development activities
· Provide clear and concise project status to the engineering leadership team, highlighting risks to project scope, schedule, and cost
· Conduct post project completion audits to identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
· Other tasks and projects as assigned by the engineering management team
· BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
· 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with distribution center operations, design, and process improvement initiatives
· 2+ years experience in project management. Ability to manage scope, schedule, and cost for multiple projects occurring simultaneously
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to lead and facilitate project execution and problem-solving discussions
· Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and the use of machinery to produce a quality product in an industrial setting
· Solid mechanical aptitude. Ability to take a hands-on approach to problem solving, equipment troubleshooting and installation activities
· Proficient in AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, and MS Office applications
· Position will be based in MA but will support manufacturing & distribution facilities in North America and Europe. Approximately 10-20% travel required.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Typical manufacturing department. Worker is subject to fragrance in the air. Flexibility to work virtually and outside of normal office hours as necessary, including weekends and/or extended hours due to business needs. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.