NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
POSTING #: 21-00225
TITLE: Software Development Specialist 1
ISSUE DATE: 10/8/2021
TITLE CODE: 10238
CLOSING DATE: 10/29/2021
DIVISION: Information Technology
UNIT: Applications Development and Systems Support
WORK WEEK: 40 hours
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) is accepting applications for candidates interested in a Software Development Specialist 1 position for the Division of Information Technology. A Software Development Specialist 1 is assigned a 40 – hour work week. Current starting salary range is between $61,058 and $69,577, based on experience. As a NJ State Department, NJDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Care
(medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care), Pension, Deferred Compensation, 12 paid holidays, and Benefit Leave 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 3 administrative days). Standard workweek is Monday through Friday.
NJDOT’s Office of Applications Development and Systems Support (ADSS) provides the following services and activities:
– In – House Business Analysis and Development;
– In – House Application Development
– In – House Applications Maintenance
– In – House Consultant Oversight and Procurement
– In – House Technology Support Services
– Office of Information Technology resource management and communications
An appointee to this position will be work as part of a team and job duties include but are not limited to:
– Developing programs within mainframe environment (COBOL, ADABAS< NATURAL)
– Developing programs and reports within existing applications
– Developing programs and reports in new applications;
– Programming in html, java, java script, vb script, asp, asp.net, and other languages as necessary to support existing systems;
– Preparing SOW’s; reviewing and evaluating vendor proposals; reviewing billing invoices and attending meetings
– Documenting business needs and requirements
– Collaborating with IT vendors
– Working with the main enterprise systems and participating in the re – write of financial and procurements systems
Education: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: One (1) year of programming, systems programming or computer analysis experience.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated
above on a year – for – year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience.
NOTE: A Master’s degree in an Information Technology field will substitute for the required experience.
For more information regarding this position, please refer to: http://info.csc.state.nj.us/jobspec/10238.htm
– CICS experience and IBM mainframe experience
– JCL, VSAM, ADABAS knowledge
– Advanced knowledge of Cobol/Natural development for batch/online programs and support
– Good oral and written communication skills that allow accurate translation of user requirements into Information Technology products.
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. NJDOT does not provide sponsorship or accept student OPT/CPT program, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
Residency: All persons newly hired on or after September 1, 2011 have one year from the date of appointment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey subject to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 52:14 – 7 (L.2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act.”
You must apply through the NJDOT website at: https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/employ/openings.shtm
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
– NJ State Application for Employment (Application and instructions can be found at link above)
– Letter of interest
– Current resume
– Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation
Proof of Degree: You must provide transcript or evaluation of your UNDERGRADUATE degree. Foreign degree evaluation must be evaluated by a USA recognized evaluation service and include your course – by – course evaluation.
Incomplete Packets: Applicants MAY NOT be considered if they fail to provide all requested documents upon initial submittal or fail to follow instructions when submitting electronically. Applicants will be selected for an interview on the basis of their application/resume.
Current State employees: Any appointments made that involve movement may result in a forfeiture of rights to any promotional lists in their former unit.
New Jersey Is An Equal Opportunity Employer