State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Division of Operations, Bureau of Traffic
18 Smokey Bear Blvd., Concord, NH
Traffic Signal Technician IV
Labor Grade 19: $42,848.00 – $59,966.40
40 Hours per week
Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Traffic, has a full time vacancy for a Traffic Signal Technician IV.
SUMMARY: To maintain and operate complex traffic signal equipment.
- Performs field inspections of new and/or upgraded traffic signal systems to assure compliance with the Department traffic signal maintenance and operational standards.
- Maintains records of all maintenance activity related to specific traffic signal equipment in a specified geographic area.
- Trains and supervises subordinate Traffic Signal Technicians in the installation and/or repair of major traffic signal systems.
- Coordinates consumable inventory records with bureau stock control so that appropriate stock is maintained to assure efficient repair and replacement of inoperable equipment.
- Troubleshoots operational problems with in place traffic signal equipment, making or ordering repairs as necessary to maintain acceptable levels of operation.
- Coordinates with municipalities, or their engineers/contractors, to assure that traffic signals within their jurisdiction are approved relative to “type, size, installation, and method of operation.”
- Conducts laboratory and/or field evaluations of new or innovative traffic signal equipment for consideration for use by the Department.
Education: Associate’s degree from a recognized college or technical school with major study in electronics, electrical engineering or a related field. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Six years of experience in the maintenance and operation of traffic signal equipment and/or traffic signal systems. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
License/Certification: Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-B) with air brakes. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency. Applicant must obtain IMSA Traffic Signal II Certification within one year.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to work at heights of 30 feet + above the ground.
Willing to be on 24-hour call and/or weekend/holiday recall under extremes of weather. All accountabilities must be conducted in full conformance with all risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations, and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact William Lambert, Administrator, at 603-271-2291 or at Bureau54@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964