State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Highway Design
7 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
(Civil Engineer IV)
Labor Grade 27: $59,966.40 – $85,446.40
40 Hours per week
Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Highway Design, has a full time vacancy for a Senior Design Engineer (Civil Engineer IV).
Summary: To coordinate and supervise the roadway design of a group of Highway Projects.
- Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates factors within projects in order to resolve conflicts and avoid delays.
- Studies and formulates recommendations on engineering and project issues to achieve optimum design.
- Communicates with individuals and organizations to coordinate appropriate input into the projects.
- Studies, recommends, and presents solutions of design problems to superiors.
- Supervises, trains, and directs subordinates to achieve broad engineering goals.
- Reviews draft technical reports and correspondence for project development.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Four years of post-baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Six years of post-baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering or engineering technology.
Experience: Six years of experience in engineering at level equivalent to Civil Engineer I (or higher), plus two additional years of experience in a position comparable to an Engineering Technician.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New Hampshire or a Licensed Professional Engineer in another state and obtain licensure in NH within one year of employment. Licensure designation must be in Civil, Civil Highway, Geo Technical or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or have access to transportation for statewide travel.
- The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact James Marshall, Administrator, at 603-271-2171 or at Bureau34@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
For assistance creating your talent profile or applying online, contact Krista Robichaud, Recruitment Specialist, at 603-271-8026 or at Krista.Robichaud@dot.nh.gov .