State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Materials & Research
5 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
PAVEMENT DATA MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
(Civil Engineer IV)
Labor Grade 27: 59,966.40 – $85,446.40
40 Hours per week
Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Materials & Research, has a full time vacancy for a Pavement Data Management Engineer (Civil Engineer IV).
SUMMARY: To develop update, coordinate information and maintain reporting systems in the area of pavement management for the Department’s Pavement Management System and for Department asset management initiatives.
- Develops pavement condition data reports to support the Department’s reporting requirements for FHWA, Tri-State, Balanced Scorecard, and other annual reporting initiatives.
- Creates, updates, and monitors the Pavement Management Systems for the Department. Serves as Vice Chair on the Departments Pavement Management System Development Committee and serves on various Asset Management Task Forces as required.
- Coordinates data acquisition from other departmental databases for use in the Pavement Management System.
- Imports data, documents operating procedures, and generates reports and maps from the Pavement Management System for the Department.
- Develops and evaluates engineering models for use in the Pavement Management System.
- Prepares pavement data related support to the Department’s asset management efforts.
- Attends and represents the Department in regional conferences relating to pavement management.
- Prepares pavement structural designs, including base courses.
- Performs quality control reviews on field data being gathered and maintains the Departments Data Quality Management Plan.
- Performs supervision of employees, including reviewing timesheets and leave requests, completing performance evaluations, recommending disciplinary action, interviewing and conducting training.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Four years of post baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Six years of post baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering or civil engineering technology.
Experience: Six years of experience in engineering at a level equivalent to Civil Engineer I (or higher), plus two additional years of experience in a position comparable to an Engineering Technician.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New Hampshire or a Licensed Professional Engineer in another state and obtain licensure in NH within one year of employment. Licensure designation must be in Civil, Civil Highway, Geo Technical or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or have access to transportation for statewide travel.
- The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Proficiency in the operation of personal computers; with experience in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact Eric Thibodeau, Chief of Pavement Management, at 603-271-3151 or Bureau42@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
For assistance creating your talent profile or applying online, contact Krista Robichaud, Recruitment Specialist, at 603-271-8026 or at Krista.Robichaud@dot.nh.gov .