Reporting to the Technical Support Manager and working within the unique technical support structure at New England Biolabs (NEB), the individual in this position will primarily be responsible for providing technical support to customers for amplification product lines. This position provides opportunities to develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Deliver best-in-class technical support by responding to technical inquiries from customers, NEB’s US Field Account Managers and inside sales team via phone and email.
- Provide technical assistance for our amplification technologies product portfolio, including PCR, Reverse Transcription, qPCR and isothermal amplification products, to NEB’s international subsidiaries and international distributors.
- Facilitate and participate in customer complaint troubleshooting with the Development and Production teams and other technical experts.
- Assist the Marketing Department and the Development and Production teams with the maintenance of technical literature in the form of manuals, marketing materials and product information on our website.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical support systems in conjunction with the tech support team.
- Participate and assist in technical training sessions as needed, including the technical support training conferences given for our international distribution partners.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of self-motivation.
Preferred Qualificators and Experience:
- Experience in PCR, qPCR and isothermal amplification workflows.
- Technical support experience.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
New England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are available here.
Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.
New England Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program.
OFCCP’s pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP’s website at www.dol.gov/ofccp
If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-927-5054 to let us know the nature of your request.