Position: UI/UX Engineer
The UI/UX Engineer will work to improve collaboration and communication between the design engineering teams and product and marketing groups, build the style guide for the Design System, assist with commercial graphics to promote a common design language and prototype low-fidelity designs into high-fidelity prototypes using the component library.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct user research via various methods, such as interviews with users/stakeholders, competitive analysis, online surveys, and focus groups. Analyze the data into qualitative and quantitative information that guides decision-making.
- Design user stories to guide the user to accomplish tasks or educate them about the product.
- Design user flows and wireframes. Creating a low fidelity representation of a design. Wireframes represent a user’s journey as they interact with a website or app
- Create prototypes. Generating an interactive final version of the product pre-development
- Test products on users. Gathering feedback from users based on a minimum viable product
- Create style guides for design within engineering
- Work closely with Engineering and Marketing to make sure the product follows consistent design elements and addresses the user needs.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- BS in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Software user interface design
- Hardware design experience
- Workflow design
- Testing design concepts with customer feedback
- Experience with UX prototyping software packages
- Experience in designing user centric product and workflow
- Demonstrated experience with graphics generation
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office/manufacturing/clinical environment.
- This position requires the regular use of Adobe design suite and other prototyping tools
- Prolonged periods working on a computer
- Ability to lift/push/carry items up to 10 pounds
- Frequent exposure to moderate noise
Position Type and Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.