Founded with the belief that everyone has the power to create, Neo IP is a nationally recognized law firm focused on integrating patents into the overall business strategy of our clients. We help emerging startups to international corporations create business solutions and navigate the ever-changing intellectual property space. We hire people who are smart, curious, creative, proactive, team players. We are looking for people excited about technology, patents, and innovation to join our Durham-based patent law firm.
Neo IP invites highly curious individuals to join our growing team. This position is a great fit for someone interested in helping clients strategically develop patent portfolios to protect their cutting-edge technology.
· Provide exceptional patent services to clients as part of the Neo IP team
· Grow personally and professionally while contributing to company growth
· Receive a competitive salary
· Develop their research and writing skills while becoming familiar with numerous emerging technologies
· Participate in networking and social opportunities around the Triangle
· Be trained on the patent laws that protect and govern inventions
Our Patent and Technology Analysts directly serve the intellectual property needs of our clients. These tasks may include:
· Monitor exciting industries for patent and market trends
· Review patent applications and complete patentability reports
· Draft prosecution documents for attorney review
· Grow your personal network as well as the firm’s
You have the opportunity to participate in our IP Accelerate Program, aimed at individuals with an interest in law school, as this position is great preparation for a career in patent law. In IP Accelerate, you will be supported in preparing for and taking the patent bar, as well as take the LSAT and apply to law schools. IP Accelerate benefits include:
· Covered fees for a single patent bar examination
· Up-to-date patent bar study materials
· A team of people to mentor you through this process
· Strong technical background, preferably electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or high-tech
· Demonstrated technical writing and analytical skills
· Detail-oriented and excellent time management
· Curious and creative with a passion for technology
This is a full-time position based in our Durham, NC office. To be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to our team, and why you are excited to apply to email@example.com. You must send a cover letter with your application to be considered for the position.