Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
We are seeking an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our Platform & Technology Team to drive client success. In this role, you will manage and provide support on all aspects of primary research for technology and social media clients, including both qualitative and quantitative methods, with a strong emphasis on quantitative research. You bring your intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial mindset, and storytelling ability to the team. If you’re passionate about qualitative and quantitative research; if you possess a natural ability to visualize data and bring it to life; if you enjoy being a trusted consultant to technology clients; if you geek out on tech and/or video games – this opportunity is for you!
- Collaborate on market research studies for technology, social media and gaming, including but not limited to ad/creative tests, brand studies, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, and market segmentations.
- Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire writing, data analysis, report writing and delivery, presentation, and post mortem.
- Participate in project-related tasks, including, but not limited to; developing re-screeners, packets, respondent room set-up, qualitative note taking, online survey link checking, monitoring data collection/fieldwork, completing data requests, data review, and deliverable preparation (population, QC, analysis).
- Partner with internal & external operational teams to drive projects forward on stringent timelines.
- Translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through reports and presentations.
- Have an interest in tech/gaming and be able to share industry news/trends with the broader team.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years’ experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at a media/technology company (ideally some combination thereof, but supplier side experience a must.)
- 4-year BA/BS degree with a strong academic record, and with a degree in a business or social science field or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies.
- Degree in a business, marketing, market research, or social science field (preferred).
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and written and visual communication skills.
- Experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlation analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to apply techniques a plus, but not required.
- Strong interest and experience in technology and social media (preferred).
- Strong data visualization capabilities (preferred).
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients and lead the development of research plans as well as deliver game-changing insights.
- Ability to independently initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight, as well as work collaboratively with team members of all departments and seniority levels. Ability and willingness to change course as objectives and projects evolve.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects across the technology product and services life cycle and in other areas of specialization.
- Upholding and showing leadership around NRG’s core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
NRG provides flexible work options – employees will be given the choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Culver City, New York, or London) or a hybrid of the two. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you want to join the Platforms & Tech Team
- Why the Platforms & Tech Team should want to work with you