The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business. We’re planning, innovating and working to be as vital and relevant as ever before for our customers and communities. Join us and be at the heart of clean energy transition.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates are the future of National Grid. Bringing fresh thinking, new perspectives and enthusiasm to our team, we’ll give you real responsibility and an opportunity to make an impact from day one – putting the power to supercharge your career in your hands.
Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position and take part ongoing development activities through your first year including monthly development sessions, active mentorship, and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid.
National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2022. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
About the Position
We are the planning team within the procurement organization at National Grid. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we are determined to exceed expectations of our customers, shareholders, and communities today and make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. Further, our team is under transformation and working towards becoming a data and process centric unit managing thousands of parts under multiple jurisdictions. Our goal is simple – to provide the right materials, in the right quantity, at the right time, at the right cost, to the right place.
Do you live for ensuring that your customers always have the right material on time and in full? Are you looking forward to bringing a smile on your CFO’s face by continually driving lower inventory values? Are you excited about using time series, best in class systems, and your experience to create and improve processes and tools for historical demand analysis? Are you passionate about working with your stakeholders to build evolving yet accurate future demand plans?
If this resonates with you, Welcome – we are looking for number crunchers who plan ahead, love to work with diverse teams, and are fired up to “bring energy to life”.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
- Perform analysis and management of inventory levels, demand; re-order points, min/max levels, master data, consumption trends, and other operational/procurement considerations to ensure the continuous flow of inventory materials to the respective warehouses.
- Provide all aspects of materials management related to process and systems expertise, including business support of inventory systems and technology hardware, ad-hoc and routine reporting, and end user training.
- Follow up and coordination with Material Expeditors for overdue, late, or expected deliveries
- Coordinate with Master Data Team to ensure appropriate setup of inventory material items and ID’s.
- Independently collate and analyze work unit and/or financial data within one or multiple areas using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department’s decision making process.
- Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
- Work on other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Travel up to 25% might be required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a business related area, supply chain, accounting, engineering, or finance
- Graduated between May 2021 and June 2022
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program May 31, 2022 or June 27, 2022
- Valid US driver’s license
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States