The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business. We’re planning, innovating and working to be as vital and relevant as ever before for our customers and communities. Join us and be at the heart of clean energy transition.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates are the future of National Grid. Bringing fresh thinking, new perspectives and enthusiasm to our team, we’ll give you real responsibility and an opportunity to make an impact from day one – putting the power to supercharge your career in your hands.
Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position and take part ongoing development activities through your first year including monthly development sessions, active mentorship, and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid.
National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2022. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
Reporting to the Director, US Business Resiliency and Emergency Planning Services, this role will provide project management and analytical support. This individual will need to understand the key business drivers that impact the business performance, including financial, regulatory, operational, capital, and customer experience. The applicant should have an interest in Enterprise Risk Management, Business Resiliency, Crisis Management, Cyber Security or Emergency Management/Preparedness.
- Work on a wide array of projects supporting the Business Resiliency and Emergency Preparedness organization at National Grid.
- Develop strategies and concepts that will propel continuous improvement of our business processes.
- Support project management and analytical support and insight to help deliver on:
- Financial results consistent with defined targets and key performance indicators
- Operational performance consistent with metrics and regulatory mandates
- Key business projects that will drive improvements in performance
- Analyze, monitor and track Service Level Agreement (SLA) and KPI performance, interfacing with business functions to ensure service levels are maintained and within budgeted guidelines and performance commitments.
- Within the metric framework, compile, monitor, and manage key performance indicators and their supporting actions across all parts of the company under continuous review and provide advice and direction on the steps necessary to improve performance within the framework of established policies.
- Help develop and drive data analytics and performance reporting to ensure that internal business needs are met.
- Assist in the process for performance reporting key reporting requirements by working collaboratively department colleagues.
- Cultivate successful working relationships with respective colleagues to ensure consistent operational performance support, especially in key areas such as process, policy, strategy and information systems.
- Develop strategies and plans involving Cyber Security and other specialty areas.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution: Business, Management, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, preferred
- Graduated between May 2021 and June 2022
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program May 31, 2022 or June 27, 2022
- Valid US driver’s license
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States