The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business. We’re planning, innovating and working to be as vital and relevant as ever before for our customers and communities. Join us and be at the heart of clean energy transition.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates are the future of National Grid. Bringing fresh thinking, new perspectives and enthusiasm to our team, we’ll give you real responsibility and an opportunity to make an impact from day one – putting the power to supercharge your career in your hands.
Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth Orientation which gives you exposure to all parts of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position and take part ongoing development activities through your first year including monthly development sessions, active mentorship, and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid.
National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2022. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
To provide engineering support for Gas Asset and Engineering Design groups at National Grid, as an entry-level engineer.
- Successfully develop and implement gas engineering drawings and projects.
- Design gas facilities including regulator stations and other various distribution and transmission projects.
- Incorporate applicable company Standards, Procedures, along with State and Federal requirements into gas systems designs.
- Incorporate corporate process safety procedures into the project work flow as required.
- Identify and specify special order (non-stock) required materials.
- Ability to resolve and troubleshoot project challenges in all design and construction phases of the job.
- Prepare project documentation, including corporate sanctioning paper where required.
- Enter project information into the project work management and financial systems.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Proven leadership experience, for example having taken a leadership position in a student club/society.
- Bachelor or Master’s engineering degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Graduated between May 2021 and June 2022
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program May 31, 2022 or June 27, 2022
- Valid US driver’s license
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States