- Work with participants to develop a comprehensive service plan based upon a thorough understanding of the individual’s interests, strengths, preferences and needs. This plan will be completed within two weeks of client referral to CareerCompass. Revise, update and implement service plan as needed to ensure consumer compliance.
- Conduct a one-on-one interview to collect information about the participant’s personal work history, barriers to employment, criminal history, personal/family background, and living situations. Identify barriers and issues that may result in participant being returned to HRA for further evaluation.
- Maintain and execute documentation and workflow through computer-based programs and technology that draws on basic software/computer skill set.
- Assist with the placement of program participants into CareerAdvance, Career Education Services or other HRA Programs/services. Provide periodic check-in and follow-up on clients referred.
- Conduct re-assessments on clients returned to CareerCompass and provide case management, counseling and assist in the re-direction of alternative programming that might be a better fit. For clients disengaged for more than 3 months, provide counseling and support to determine the reasoning for not participating.
- Taking the results of the TABE or SABE and other types of assessment instruments used in CareerCompass, determine the educational, skills level, and vocational interest of the participant. Complete HRA’s on-line employment plan.
- Coach clients on career exploration, job search, interviewing, resume development and job retention skills.
- Attend and participate in meetings, staff development sessions and in-service training as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in case management or vocational assessment
- Bilingual is a plus
- Work with clients who have barriers to employment
Schedule Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
We have openings at our Long Island, East Harlem, and Brooklyn offices!