- The Laboratory Assistant I (LAI) is responsible for conducting laboratory processes that support specimen processing and testing.
- The LAI does not conduct comprehensive high complexity testing and all work is performed under laboratory supervision with appropriate review.
- This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that laboratory activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, and documentation.
- Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Participating in proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task and all work will be reviewed by laboratory management.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates within the departmental team to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:00pm-6:30am
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:00am-6:30pm
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:00pm-6:30am
- Meets minimum regulatory and internal education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No additional Myriad requirements Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements – medium work or exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pound of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force consistently.
- Physical Requirements – stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, observing, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions – exposure to fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid, noise, vibration, mists or gases, mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, electrical hazards and radiant energy hazards. OSHA Category I – duties performed routinely requires exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.