The John Dewey Society is a non-profit organization of K-12 and university educators and scholars who are interested in John Dewey’s philosophy of education, which is focused on experiential learning and developing a strong connection between democracy and education. The organization seeks IT assistance with the following:
- Improving the organization’s website
- Updating the website with announcements and other materials supplied by the JDS executive team.
- Assisting editors of our organization’s journals in publishing their articles online.
- Developing a graphic logo that can be used consistently across all of the organization’s online and written media
- Using social media to enhance the organization’s online community and grow its membership
- Basic understanding of website design
- Basic understanding and application of HTML
- Basic understanding and application of WordPress
- Basic understanding and application of WordPress Multisite Networks
- Ability to convert MS Word docs to PDFs
- Ability to re-size images
The workload varies across the year, but averages to approximately 1-2 hours per week. The stipend for this work is a maximum of $1,000 per year. The student will be responsible to the organization’s President-Elect, Kyle Greenwalt, a faculty member in the College of Education at Michigan State University.