Your team responsibilities
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized Climate Risk Researcher to join the MSCI Climate Risk Center, a team of Climate Researchers, Financial modelers and Software Engineers, based in our New York office. The role offers a challenging and exciting opportunity to shape the future of climate-related finance. You would be a core member of a team that translates pressing environmental issues into finance-related metrics that inform the investment decisions of the world’s largest investors.
We build cutting-edge software to identify and analyze the exposure of companies, properties, and financial assets to climate change risks and opportunities. Our models cover policy, technology and physical risks and translate these into relevant metrics for global investors. It’s our goal to alert investors of the climate risk profiles of their investments and to tackle climate change at the roots. Our mission is a big one and we’re looking for talented people to join us. We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized person who thrives in a fast-paced, fun and challenging environment to extend our existing research team.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your team responsibilities:
- Work closely with other research team members, our development team members, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and drive models and methodologies to conduct climate risk stress testing for banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions
- Communicate complex topics in a simple way to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementation, testing and documentation of models.
- Employ agile development and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Promote best engineering practices to ensure quality assurance.
- Anticipate problems/opportunities and adapt to new challenges.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel:
- Relevant experience in the fields of climate, (climate) stress testing, banking, sustainability or finance.
- Experience in data manipulation and software development, particularly Python.
- Experience in Municipal bonds is a plus
- Fast learner and strong logical thinker
- Flexible to adapt to new challenges
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed team.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrating an exceptional drive towards delivery.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.