Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
The Global Communications team is the voice of Motorola Solutions, telling the company’s story of transformation and progress to employees, reporters and other stakeholders. We work strategically and collaboratively with colleagues around the world, finding the most compelling stories to tell and bringing them to life through communications plans and activities that drive business results.
As part of the dynamic summer intern program at Motorola Solutions’ Chicago headquarters, the Communications Intern will partner with members of the Global Communications team and other departments across the company, providing internal and external communications and project management support with a strong emphasis on writing.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop well-crafted strategic communications for internal and external audiences, such as employee news stories, presentations, talking points, video scripts, social media content, news releases and blog posts.
- Serve as an internal reporter, seeking out compelling stories and projects from across the company and bringing them to life across a variety of internal, external and digital channels.
- Manage communications projects, working with team members and other departments to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Conduct research on communications matters, trends and best practices; monitor business and competitor news to identify emerging issues and storytelling opportunities.
- Collaborate with interns from other departments on individual and group projects.
- Support other communications projects as assigned, including measurement, reporting, events and limited administrative duties.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Experience writing for different audiences and channels
- Able to work independently and effectively collaborate with colleagues, both in-person and virtually
- Effective project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Examples that demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Poised, professional and collaborative in interactions with team members, leaders and executives
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelors degree with graduation date on or after December 2022