Works with senior instructional designers and subject matter experts to design, develop, revise, and update MBA Education’s content for MBA’s single-family and commercial/multifamily members. Work will primarily be focused on MBA Education’s extensive library of web-based self-study courses but can also include in-person online and classroom-based courses as well as certification and designation programs. Works with MBA Education’s Delivery Team and course instructors to ensure that programs are delivered as designed and learning objectives are met. Provides administrative support for tasks related to course development and maintenance. Acts as primary point of contact for questions and issues related to LMS functionality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses instructional design methodologies to design, develop, revise, and update educational content for various course formats. Supports senior instructional designers in the development and maintenance of MBA Education content.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to updating course content and corresponding assessment items; creating, selecting, and incorporating graphics into courses; downloading and reviewing surveys from the LMS; pulls analytic reports from the content delivery system; publishing, testing, and documenting course content.
- Imports, tags, modularizes, reconfigures, updates, and publishes assigned content in MBA’s Learning Content Management System (Xyleme and CDS) using MBA Education standards and processes.
- Attend content license discussions with current and prospective member companies.
- Acts as LMS administrator for content-related functions in WBT/TopClass. Manages course templates. Acts as main point of contact for technical issues related to the courses and the LMS. Research functionality, helps troubleshoot and resolve issues, and submits tickets as needed.
- Keeps current on new educational technology and instructional design principles. Makes recommendations for improvement to processes. Stays abreast of general industry news and developments.
- Responds to customer feedback regarding MBA educational programs. Reviews and disseminates student feedback from emails or surveys to the appropriate members of the content team.
- Ensures the product information on MBA’s website (agendas, course overview documents, etc.) is up-to-date and accurate as directed by senior members of the Content team.
- One to three years of instructional design experience along with a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Industrial Design/Technology or related field may be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks along with excellent writing, editing, and communication skills is required.
- Must be able to produce quality work within tight time frames.
- Must be comfortable learning and using new technology.
- Experience using a learning management system is required; experience as a system administrator or instructor is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with a webinar platform such as Zoom or Adobe Connect is preferred.
- Experience with eLearning software such as Articulate Storyline and graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
- Prior association experience, and/or familiarity with the mortgage banking industry, would be helpful, but is not required.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.