Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Billing Specialist reporting to the Billing Supervisor/Billing Manager. This position will reside in the Philadelphia, PA office and will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of client bills for assigned clients and matters, and to support the partners with managing their client inventories.
This includes oversight to ensure the matter setup, rates, and billing requirements (including eBilling, as appropriate) are correct. This position works directly with the Partners completing all aspects of billing with supervision, and monitoring unbilled and accounts receivable balances. Regular activities include setup and prebill review, completing billing and following up with clients when asked to check on payment progress/eBill status. This position will also identify new clients, and work with supervision to contact the clients, with approval from the responsible partner, to pro-actively manage billing setups.
Specific duties include:
- Supports the Partners by completing all aspects of billing for assigned clients and matters, with supervision.
- Reviews matter set up to ensure compliance with rate agreements and outside counsel guidelines.
- Identifies any required reporting for budgets, alternate fee arrangements and accrual requests, and seeks assistance from supervisor to ensure completion. Assistance will be provided from Firm Finance when needed for more complex reporting requirements.
- Reviews time entries based on client and matter requirements (block billing, task codes, summer associate time etc.). Reviews cost entries for compliance and makes Partner aware of any issues.
- Submits new timekeeper approvals for eilled clients and contacts clients regarding new matters or other eBilling system requirements.
- Completes billing for all assigned clients. For eBilled clients, ensures successful submission of all invoices in appropriate eBilling Vendor’s system, alerting supervisor about any problems that cannot be immediately resolved.
- Monitors eBilled submissions, and assists (with help from supervisor as required) with resolution of any rejections.
- Alerts supervisor about any past due receivables and works closely supervisor to assist with resolution.
- Supports the partners by reviewing monthly reports to identify overdue billing or collections, and to ensure all current proformas are generated.
- Distributes month-end proformas to appropriate partners.
- With support from supervisor, contacts new clients to review billing and payment procedures and coordinates handling of any special requests.
- With supervisor, contacts assigned new partners to assist with reviewing client agreements and rate set up, reviewing billing procedures and expectations, ensuring all required billing set ups are in place.
- Demonstrates solid judgment and diplomacy when executing Partner requests, and when interacting with team members and senior management. Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all financial and systems-related information.
- Bachelor’s Degree, from four-year college or university, preferred, and
- a minimum of two years of Elite Billing experience, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.