This is not work experience, this is an opportunity to experience work.
An Intern is an investment in Moog’s future. The intern relationship provides a three-way benefit between the student, university, and Moog. It is an opportunity for the student to incorporate classroom learning into professional, real world situations. The student brings new ideas to Moog on how to tackle projects and challenges, while Moog benefits from fresh perspectives from the brightest students in their respective fields of study. By having the students work on actual programs, we also work towards solving our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
Moog’s Aircraft, Industrial, and Space & Defense Groups are seeking students for Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality Internships & Co-Ops!
As part of the Moog U.S. Internship Program, this position provides strategic and tactical support to senior and mid-level employees in the areas including (but not limited to) Quality Inspection, Logistics, A&T, Electronics Assembly, Machine Shop, and/or Materials Planning.
The student will contribute to work within the operations area(s), requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a variety of tasks.
The student will work on discipline-focused projects and tasks to enhance their collegiate learning experience, while providing meaningful contributions to Moog.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of key operational projects and tasks
- Provide input on project processes, strategies, and execution
- Operate as a multidisciplinary member of the team of creative, independent individuals.
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical and professional reputation.
- Quality related work experience could include product inspection, inspection data analysis, measurement capability studies, failure and analysis reports, traceability documentation, and/or contamination control.
- Manufacturing engineering related work experience could include product non-conformance review, technical support on the production floor, reviewing engineering drawings to ensure compatibility with specs and fabrication capabilities, and/or efficiency studies on manufactured parts.
- Operations related work experience could include components of production planning, material handling, and/or lean initiatives & process improvement studies.
- Enrollment in Bachelor’s or Master’s curriculum in Industrial Eng., Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Materials Mgmt., Quality Eng., or Business, at an accredited university.
- GPA of at least 3.0; exact GPA requirement will be specified by department.
- United States Citizenship, or the legal ability to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
- This position requires access to U.S. export-controlled information.
- Due to the current and changing COVID-19 restrictions, relocation may not be possible for certain assignments.
Students within the Moog U.S. Internship Program are expected to have a professional disposition, effective communication skills, a strong desire to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
*Please note this requisition is for sourcing purposes and will be used to fill individual openings as they become available.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity