A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that an inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate people who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get excited about making a difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
As a Manufacturing Operations intern you will be part of our Early Talent Program at Rocky Mountain Metal Container (RMMC), which is an aluminum can manufacturing joint venture between Molson Coors and Ball Corporation, next to the Coors Brewery in Golden. Our Early Talent Program is Molson Coors’ undergraduate summer internship program, where students are exposed to the beverage industry, engaged in real-world problem-solving, and immersed in social and educational opportunities with other interns. The internship is full-time, beginning in June through August. Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program may be eligible for full-time positions within Molson Coors Beverage Company, upon graduation.
Interns will be placed in either the Asset Care or Technical Services department within RMMC and will be responsible for designing, planning, scheduling, and leading a specific project(s). You will be focused on helping RMMC meet their overall goals through the implementation of successful projects, which will be very diverse in nature and may be focused on systems, process, and/or capital projects. Interns are required to apply project management principles as well as technical expertise to assure projects are executed successfully to meet business objectives. Additionally, the intern serves as a resource to help support high-level technical issues within RMMC.
Upon completion of the internship, you will obtain a fundamental understanding of manufacturing operations with detailed knowledge of specific operations, as well as build an understanding and demonstration of the basic steps to implement a highly successful project from start to finish. Overall, you will get an understanding of your field in a manufacturing environment from an operational improvement and project management perspective.
Examples of projects in each of the key departments include:
- Technical Services – Development of project justifications (CBI’s), implementation of small plant project(s) from start to finish (system, capital or process based), and environmental optimization initiatives and compliance.
- Asset Care – Conduct life expectancy studies on specific equipment used in the manufacturing facility. Using the data collected from your studies provide recommended PM cycles, and proposals for retrofits/upgrades involving equipment or technology to increase the life expectancy of said equipment.
The Other Qualifications:
- You are a rising junior or senior pursuing a chemical engineering, electrical/computer engineering, mechanical engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- Prior coursework, internship, or work experience in related area (e.g., brewing, packaging) preferred.
- Project management coursework and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- On site Pub, access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events and, of course… free beer and beverages!
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Job Posting Salary Range: $17.50 – $21.50