A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that an inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate people who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get excited about making a difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
As a Barley Operations Intern – Agronomist you will be part of our Early Talent Program. Our Early Talent Program is Molson Coors’ undergraduate summer internship program, where students are exposed to the beverage industry, engaged in real-world problem-solving, and immersed in social and educational opportunities with other interns. The internship is full-time, beginning in June through August. Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program are eligible for full-time positions within Molson Coors Beverage Company, upon graduation.
Molson Coors Beverage Company leverages a vertically integrated ag supply chain to source the most important solid ingredient for our iconic beers – malting barley. Our direct grower relationships provide a unique opportunity to partner with farms and understand the challenges in producing high quality malting barley while improving long term sustainability. Agriculture is evolving quickly at the intersection of technology and natural systems, striving to produce the most with the least impact. This intern position will help to begin to explore some of those relationships.
- Utilize ESRI ArcGIS software platform and Survey123 to develop a grower database
- Create dashboards from survey data to communicate trends
- Provide barley grower assistance with entry of agronomic data
- Map barley fields into a geo-spatial database
- Learn about malt barley quality metrics and analysis
- Gain an understanding of sustainability concepts such as soil health and regenerative ag
- Develop knowledge of the malt barley industry in North America
- Learn about the links in a vertically integrated, food ingredient supply chain
The Other Qualifications:
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Earth Science, Agroecology, Sustainability, or Crop Science
- Prior coursework, internship or work experience using GIS, GPS, or spatial analysis
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, Survey123, and Microsoft Office tools
- Utilize strong oral communication and computer skills and operate within a team to build customer and stakeholder relationships
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.