The Technical Development organization at Moderna is looking for top talent in science and engineering to deliver on its mission to design manufacturing processes for mRNA medicines. New graduates will have an opportunity to be part of high-performing project teams developing new manufacturing platforms to produce mRNA therapeutics and vaccines destined for clinical trials and commercial licensure. You will apply your educational background and learn new technical skills in the synthesis of mRNA, assembly of lipid nanoparticles and formulation of drug products to be administered to patients. You will develop a deep understanding of control strategies to ensure manufacturing processes can consistently deliver mRNA medicines of the highest quality.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Use laboratory, technical and communication skills to generate experimental results, perform data analysis, and document in formal reports including conclusions and recommended next steps.
- Perform process scale-up, support technology transfer and provide manufacturing support at internal Moderna, and external contract manufacturing sites.
- Participate in planning, design, execution, analysis of experiments and formal risk assessments to establish critical process parameters, and overall process control strategies.
- Optimize the impact of formulation and processing conditions on the stability of mRNA drug products and process intermediates
- Review and share relevant academic literature, and establish new collaborations with internal research and manufacturing groups.
- Create scaled-down models, and high throughput experimental setups for unit operations
- Characterize mRNA and lipid nanoparticles through collaboration with the analytical team
- Prepare technical reports and present finding in cross-functional meetings
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
· Bachelors or Masters in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry/Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Science, Materials Science or a related field
· Strong fundamental scientific and engineering skills for the evaluation of experimental data
· Laboratory skills applicable to bioprocess development and analytical methods
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as the ability to contribute to high performing teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with biotechnology unit operations related to drug product manufacture for nanoparticle drug products
· Experience with design, scale-up/down and optimization of manufacturing processes
· Problem solving skills, operational excellence and Six-Sigma or related training
· Experience with analytical tools for the characterization of drug product processes and products, particularly nucleic acid and lipid nanoparticle products
· Understanding of cGMP, ICH and regulatory guidelines as they relate to risk management and pharmaceutical development