Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
This intern position seeks to develop students’ corporate finance and business management knowledge through hands-on assignments across MITRE’s Business Units. As a Finance intern, you will be challenged to demonstrate financial stewardship while working alongside MITRE leaders to maximize our value to our government sponsors. The variety of tasking and wide scope of this internship will provide a rich set of real-life experiences resulting in a comprehensive understanding of Finance’s critical role in executing MITRE’s mission.
Potential responsibilities include:
- Analyze and diagnose business drivers and variances to budget using various financial systems
- Communicate financial results effectively with powerful visual narratives and story-telling
- Develop financial projections using various methods including historical trends, statistical analysis, and other predictive techniques
- Coordinate activities and information sharing with Business Partners and Leadership
- Prepare and deliver necessary supporting analytics to assist Leadership in decision-making
- Interpret and communicate corporate policy as related to Budgeting Indirects
- Perform Ad hoc analysis for internal and external customers
- Provide administrative support to the Finance organization
- Facilitate development and implementation of Finance special initiatives
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience–
- Demonstrated progress to a BA or BS preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Sustained excellence in academic performance
- High Level desire to help our nation with its more critical problems
- Exhibits the characteristics of a continuous learner
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in Tableau
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here