Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
You are not applying for a specific position. Applying to this pipeline requisition will put you in a candidate pool that will be viewed by technical leaders and recruiters for opportunities across the company.
As a Computer Science or Software Engineering Associate at MITRE, you will enjoy a collaborative environment where you will work closely with others in an organization that encourages and values collaboration, mentoring, and continuous learning. You will have the opportunity to leverage and grow your hands-on software engineering expertise as you contribute to real challenges across a variety of domains.
While responding to these challenges, you will leverage and grow your hands-on skills with software design and development, engaging in the full software engineering lifecycle using modern technologies.
You will gain experience with one or more of the following:
- Cyber Security
- Data Analysis & Visualization
- Cloud Engineering
- Mobile Computing
- Full-Stack Development
- Embedded Systems and Internet of Things
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Modeling and Simulation
- Model-Based Engineering
- Virtual Reality
We are committed to finding the best fit for you now and throughout your career.
- Candidate must have attained a degree in a technical discipline including but not limited to Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Demonstrates speed, risk taking, agility, collaboration and grace and respect
- Sustained excellence in academic performance
- High level desire to help their nation solve its most critical challenges
- Exposure to software development tools and frameworks, including source control management tools (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge of database technologies, including relational or NoSQL
- Hiring requisitions for some roles may require a U.S. Government Security clearance.
- We are seeking Software Engineers and Computer Scientists at many MITRE locations.
- We are committed to trying to find the best location for you.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here