About the Company
Tomocube is dedicated to delivering products that can enhance biological and medical research via novel optical solutions that can assist in understanding, diagnosing, and treating human diseases. Current optical microscopes only provide users with a 2D view of their sample. To get a 3D view, users must use expensive and invasive electron or confocal microscopes, which require extensive pre-preparation of samples and are not amenable to dynamic samples such as live cells. Our platform enables researchers to measure nanoscale, real-time, dynamic images of individual living cells without the need for sample preparation. Size: 35 employees. Locations: Daejeon, South Korea (HQ); London, UK (sales & marketing); Boston, USA (clinical applications).
About the Opportunity
Tomocube is seeking MIT students with interests applicable to digital health care and next-generation medical devices. Potential internship projects may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop novel machine learning models for combined data augmentation and image classification.
- Develop holography based diagnostic devices for hematology, cytology, and companion diagnosis.
- Develop and perform biological and clinical experimental applications using AI and holotomography.
Internships of 3-12 months are available throughout the year, and funding is provided for all basic internship expenses, including airfare, housing, and living costs.
Class year: 1st year, sophomore, junior, senior, master’s, Ph.D.
Course: Biology (7), Biological Engineering (20), Chemical-Biological Engineering (10-B), Computer Science & Engineering (6-3), Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (6-2), Electrical Science & Engineering (6-1), Mechanical Engineering (2), Media Arts & Sciences (MAS)
Applicants must meet MISTI MIT-Korea requirements prior to the internship start date:
- Undergraduate students must complete 4 semesters of Korean language courses or have similar proficiency. Graduate students may have this requirement waived.
- Completion of MIT-Korea pre-internship training, 10-15 total hrs.
- Minimum 4.0 GPA
The priority application deadline for summer internships is Nov. 30; applications are only accepted after that date if positions are still available. Submit applications for non-summer internships at least 3 months before desired start date.