Resident Engineer – Branson
Resident Engineer – Branson
Branson Engineering Project Office
Missouri Department of Transportation
Scheduled Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Waiver for Years of Experience may be considered.
The resident engineer supervises contract administration and engineering personnel at a field office covering an area within a district and ensures surveying, inspection, documentation, and contract administration of construction projects complies with specifications, special provisions and standard plans. Responsibilities are performed under general supervision.
- Division: Construction and Materials
- Job Title Code: R05809
- Hiring Supervisor: Johnny Teegardin
- Salary Grade: 19
A day in the life:
- Administers construction contracts for the assigned area.
- Interprets construction plans, specifications and special provisions and makes corrections as required.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of project documentation, project reports, payment estimates, change orders, final plans and contractor performance reports; reports progress of contractor payments.
- Supervises layout and inspection personnel, including making hiring and other employment-related decisions, conducting performance management, scheduling and assigning work, and ensuring appropriate training is received.
- Communicates with contractors and property owners to resolve construction problems; prepares department responses to contractor claims and serves as an expert witness in litigation regarding construction issues.
What you’ll need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university curriculum.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri.
- Six years of experience in highway or transportation engineering
Special working conditions and job characteristics:
- Job requires exposure to moderately adverse and undesirable environmental conditions.
Why you’ll love MoDOT:
- You’ll play a key role in maintaining the seventh largest highway system in the United States.
- You’ll receive training opportunities and a chance to further your career.
- You’ll be able to take advantage of many benefits for you and your family while providing service to others in a culturally diverse workplace. Visit our CAREERS page to explore all we have to offer.
At MoDOT, we value team players who are open-minded and work well with others to accomplish goals and fulfill our mission of safety, service, and stability. We see the growth of our team members as an investment, both in MoDOT’s future and yours. If you’re looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work and a family-friendly environment, we want to talk to you about joining our winning team.
Are you interested?
MoDOT operates on shared values and your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values. CLICK HERE to view our mission, values, and tangible results. If you embrace these values, we welcome you to apply.
For questions about this position or the status of your application, please e-mail: SWHR@modot.mo.gov.
Your application and ALL requested documents must be received by the closing date on the job posting.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.