Turfgrass Engineering Intern
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us!
At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success — so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our Outdoor Power Equipment team. As someone who specializes in the Turfgrass area, you will be able to provide solutions, that most of our engineers cannot identify, which will reflect our tools and eventually change the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest and push our employees, so that they can develop and grow throughout their time with us.
Our internship program is not just a short-term summer job, it is an opportunity to launch a career. Our interns develop leadership and project management skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment. The internship program provides challenging projects and gives interns the ability to share creative ideas and be part of a ground-breaking, high performing team.
You’ll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analysis in the following areas: turf cut quality, soil compression, cut height tolerancing, mulch quality, user experience.
- Occasionally design new experiments and test systems in turf care.
- Occasionally perform or assist with testing.
- Draw concise logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Occasionally with guidance, work through CAD models and rapid prototypes.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Turfgrass Specialty
- Possess strong problem-solving and communication skills, as well as strong agronomic knowledge.
- Strong initiative, ability to listen and think on your feet is critical.
- Comfortable interacting with users and colleagues alike both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to articulate an idea clearly and work with others to improve and refine it.
- Passion for bringing new ideas to life.
- Willingness to fail fast and fail often.
- Ability to work in the constantly changing fuzzy front end of product development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and seeks out new challenges
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- 10-Week Paid Internship
- Summer Housing Support
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and boutique coffee service.
- Associate Discount