Mechanical Design Engineer
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us!
At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success — so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in engineering resources to design and develop leadership in engineering capabilities; something unique within the industry, and we’re pushing the limits.
Behind our doors you’ll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you’ll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
You’ll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Conceptualize solutions through CAD models and rapid prototypes.
- Identify and understand the issues and concerns experienced by Milwaukee’s core users then translate those into insightful solutions which have a positive impact on the daily experience of a tradesperson.
- Identify and explore emerging trends within the industry, technology, and design.
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analysis in the following areas: Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection based on application stresses, tolerance and fit analysis, lubricant properties, spur and helical gear design, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration and a variety of machine element design.
- Independently write test requests to the Milwaukee Test Laboratory based on established standard test procedures and prior examples.
- Occasionally design new experiments and test systems.
- Occasionally perform or assist with testing.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design.
- Draw concise logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Possess strong problem-solving and communication skills, as well as strong 3D computer skills (Solidworks preferred).
- Strong initiative, ability to listen and think on your feet is critical.
- Must have demonstrated ability to contribute to supportive team environment and handle multiple projects.
- Comfortable interacting with users and colleagues alike both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to articulate an idea clearly and work with others to improve and refine it.
- Passion for bringing new ideas to life.
- Willingness to fail fast and fail often.
- Ability to work in the constantly changing fuzzy front end of product development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and seeks out new challenges
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE