Who We Are
Our Research Team in Tampa, Florida focuses on the Supplemental Products Health Market and is a practice within Milliman, Inc., one of the largest actuarial consulting firms in the world. Our research work includes market surveys of the supplemental health and life industries.
Team members work on a range of client projects of various sizes across multiple departments allowing you to work with a variety of professionals. The work is fun, challenging, entrepreneurial and impactful. While most of our team’s time is spent working on projects developed within our local office, team members also have the chance to participate on certain assignments that are completed in partnership with other Milliman global offices.
We believe that our skillsets have important applications across both our traditional work and our work in new and developing research markets. We are committed to developing a pipeline of new talent and future leaders of the firm through support and interaction with senior colleagues.
- Support all phases of market research studies, including: study design, questionnaire development, survey programming, fieldwork coordination, data cleaning, data analysis, consultative report writing and presentations.
- Collaborate regularly with teams across the organization on research projects.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Effectively maintain and communicate project status.
- Guide all research work products through internal quality control processes to produce error free deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an analytical and/or research field, or commensurate experience.
- Coursework or applied experience conducting qualitative and quantitative market or consumer surveys.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Strong writing and data storytelling skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint to produce charts and graphs that clearly depict results.
- Ability to prepare executive-level reports in Word.
- Experience designing online survey instruments using SurveyMonkey or similar.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to meet demanding timelines.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and pro-active attitude.
- Familiarity with supplemental health benefit industry preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
Milliman in Tampa offers a high-performance but relatively casual work environment, along with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.