Miami Dade College, North Campus is looking for a highly motivated individual for the Dean of Justice, Public Safety and Law Studies. The Dean serves as the key liaison and College spokesperson for the School and provides strong leadership for Justice, Public Safety and Law Studies through strategic planning, program development, review and revision, resource development, innovation, faculty development and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the college and serves as the key spokesperson for Justice, Public Safety and Law Studies to the external community, including but not limited to, national, international, regional, and local entities
- Initiates strategic planning Justice, Public Safety and Law Studies and establishes key performance indicators for success that meet or exceed targets and ensures alignment with college-wide priorities
- Actively collaborates with Campus Presidents, Deans of the Faculty and Deans of Faculty and Student Services to develop and implement strategic enrollment management initiatives that meet or exceed performance targets for student recruitment, enrollment, completion, and job placement within the program
- Collaborates with the Deans of the Faculty, cross-disciplinary innovation, program development, review, and close-out (as appropriate) and ensures program relevancy
- Pursues and establishes new relationships with business and industry, educational institutions, governmental agencies, and potential donors that result in resource support for workforce development programs
- Creates and secures partnerships that meet or exceed target goals related to increasing number of partnerships, paid student internships, grant awards and other resources for Justice, Public Safety and Law Studies
- Leads the strategic advancement of the unit’s internal and external reporting structures, including annual effectiveness reports, discipline action plans, accreditation reports, grant reports and strategic enrollment management plans, in consultation with the members of the College’s executive leadership team to facilitate alignment with college-wide priorities
- Doctorate degree in Criminal Justice, Public Safety, or related discipline and six (6) years of demonstrated progressive administrative and management experience to include large complex budgets and federal grants in an instructional environment; or master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public Safety, or related discipline and seven (7) years of demonstrated progressive administrative and management experience to include large complex budgets and federal grants in an instructional environment.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.