Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
The Early Career Program – Sales is a 24+ month rotational experience designed to prepare an individual for a sales career with METTLER TOLEDO. Performance will be evaluated as the individual rotates through various MT-NA Business areas & functions. The projects within the rotations will vary, however rotational areas for each BA may include a Technical Support overview, Telesales, Telemarketing, Inside Sales, Service Sales, and Marketing, with potential placement in an inside or outside sales position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Product and Service Telesales & Inside Sales:
- Utilize SAP CRM for all lead, opportunity, quote, contact and activity management per defined processes for both product and service.
- Participate in the presentation of the product line to customers
- Conduct outbound call campaigns in the effort to generate service business to existing product customer base.
- Assist with penetration of new accounts and maintain key accounts to increase market share.
- Assist existing Inside Sales team members with the inbound service request process as appropriate.
- Execute outbound telesales campaigns, employing professional selling skills in their pursuit, and accurately managing and recording data generated from these efforts. Manage incoming calls from customers and dealers for responsible product lines.
- Follow up on sales leads for sales opportunities, cross selling opportunities, or opportunities that are assigned to outside sales for consultation on higher end solutions.
- Review and analyze the competitors in our market place and their effectiveness in all sales channels.
- Explore new applications and industries for our products.
- Communicate with the Marketing team at METTLER TOLEDO’s Producing Organization regarding MT-NA needs for new products, support for agency approvals, special applications and product adaptations (EPA, FDA, USP, USDA, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in additional marketing/sales support activities as required within the department.
- Monitor and report market/sales performance (units and revenue) of the responsible products based on our tactical and strategic marketing and business plans.
- Develop and implement business/territory plans to achieve revenue and other assigned targets
- Provide marketing support for key account strategies.
- Define, plan and execute marketing plans targeted for segments.
- Attends major trade shows.
- Recommend new channels/programs as required to grow market penetration.
- Evaluate research regarding new market trends and market reaction to promotional activities.
- Obtain product knowledge through hands-on experience, classroom trainings, E-learnings and if available, advanced application training.
- Gain knowledge of Technical Support’s customer interactions via shadowing phone calls and assisting with Quality monitoring.
Sales and Service Ride Along:
- Actively participate in fieldwork days with Product and/or Service Sales Specialists.
- Actively participate in customer visits and obtain experience through additional SAP training for documenting sales activities, generating reports and pipeline management.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science-related field, Marketing, Communications or other business-related field is required.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a student-led organization.
- Previous and/or current involvement in community service or other volunteer organizations.
- Proficient-to-advanced M/S Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent follow-through, ability to meet deadlines, decision-making and multi-tasking skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States at the end of the program will be required.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world’s laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh – from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.