The Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age Before or After Care program site for which he/she is hired, coaching and working with the Program Group Leader(s)/Group Assistant (s) to create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that YMCA policies and Licensing standards are met in regards to day-to day operations including maintaining up to date records, ensuring supervision policies are implemented, guiding the behavior of children, planning and delivering the weekly curriculum and managing staff.
- Maintain complete and thorough attendance of all students and staff each day. Check the school absentee list, site voice mail, and calling parents if child(ren) are absent, but scheduled. Submit attendance rosters, schedule changes, licensing paperwork, payroll and other reports as requested.
- Ensure the safety of all children enrolled in the program by following the supervision standards in the Code of Conduct and Licensing Requirements. Maintain constant head counts when transitioning between different areas and activities.
- Ensure that only the authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact signs a child in/out of the program and include recording time. Return rosters to office administration weekly, signed and dated.
- Follow YMCA protocols for dealing with First-Aid and emergency situations. Complete necessary paperwork such as incident reports, medical log, etc.
- Use positive group management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA’s Discipline and Expulsion Policy.
- Coach, guide and manage the day-to-day duties of group leaders/assistants.
- Oversee and assign responsibilities each day including leading activities, helping with snack, homework support, restroom supervision, and clean up as required.
- Ensure all staff function as positive role models and set a positive example through their behavior.
- Address any staff performance issues that affect the program with guidance from Program Director/Assistant Director. Provide specific input/feedback for group leaders/assistants for Mid-Year and Year-End performance reviews.
- Plan and implement a weekly curriculum incorporating the values of the YMCA. Implement the Healthy U program by including 30 minutes of CATCH activities each day. Submit Plans monthly.
- Promote Y Programs and Camps to families. Assist with planning and implementation of special events, including Annual Campaign.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary program environment by ensuring supplies, equipment and tables are cleaned before and after snack or activities. Ensure children wash their hands before snack. Report any maintenance issues to the school custodians and the Assistant Director/Program Director.
- Lead monthly fire safety drill and log results to meet Licensing requirements.
- Complete 20 hours of professional development annually. Attend all YMCA training and meetings as required.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
- Maintain certifications as required. Must complete CARI Background Check, CHRI/Fingerprinting and provide proof of a Mantoux test within two weeks of hire.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
Part-time – Before/After Care Group Leaders/Group Assistants
- High School Diploma required, college credits/degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents and school staff.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and planning skills.
- 1-3 years Supervisory experience.
- 1 -3 years working with children in a group setting in Before/Afterschool programs
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required.
- Experience adhering to Licensing requirements.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations. This work requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
$14.64 – $17 p/h
Current active employees of the METROPOLITAN YMCA OF THE ORANGES should apply via the Careers section of the Dayforce Employee Account.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Symptom screening and self-reporting
- Preventative guidelines/workplace safety trainings (social distancing, frequent handwashing, etc.)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, participation in cleaning procedures
*Please note that given the current situation with COVID-19 pandemic, the YMCA is and will continue to follow recommendations given by the CDC, local, state, and federal authorities.
Professional development opportunities and complimentary use of YMCA facilities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to extensive background check.