Administrative/Front Desk Assistant
Metro Housing | Boston is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
“We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security, and an improved quality of life.”
The Administrative/Front Desk Assistant is the first point of contact for callers and visitors to Metro Housing | Boston. S/he will answer calls to the main switchboard and greet visitors. The Administrative/Front Desk Assistant will streamline the office operations and execute administrative tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Manage a busy call center in a friendly, helpful, and timely manner. Respond to phone inquiries and direct calls to the appropriate staff person
- Be knowledgeable about and provide callers and visitors with information regarding Metro Housing’s affordable housing and homelessness
- Process incoming daily mail (receive, open, date stamp, scan, and sort to the correct department)
- Process outgoing daily mail and assist with other departments mass mailings (print, sort, folding, stamp)
- Process multiple outgoing products on behalf of other departments, including RAFT applications and gift cards
- Track data on incoming phone calls and walk-ins to produce activity reports
- Assist Finance with checks and statements (folding and stamps)
- Operate variety of office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, postage meters, folding machines, kiosks, etc.
- Maintain department inventory supplies including, office supplies, departmental forms, stationery, etc.
- Collaborate with other front desk staff to provide clients with a coordinated and responsive level of service from the team
- Serve as liaison with visitors and participants on behalf of the organization’s departments
- Monitor for early warning signs of agitation among program participants and lobby guests and pro-actively and effectively de-escalate situations using appropriate techniques
- Serve as primary members of the Safety Team
- Administer and track the parking pass process for the visitors and participants
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required with two years of administrative experience;
- Able to provide excellent customer service on the phone and in person;
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Be successful multi-tasking in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Be competent with word processing and data entry software
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and agency;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and manage several tasks at once;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and clients in busy environment;
- Sensitive to multi-ethnic population;
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Taishanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing | Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
SALARY/BENEFITS (This position is non-exempt)
$44,000 and excellent benefits.
To apply: https://www.metrohousingboston.org/about/careers/
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER