Job Description In Primary Posting Language Include Requirements For Education,Experience And Skills)
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
At our Company’s Animal Health campus in Millsboro, DE, we currently have an Entry Level Process Engineer position available within our Bioprocess Technology & Support team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of vaccine product manufacturing facility. You will be working with a team of 10-12 scientists, select manufacturing managers, highly talented shop floor personnel and on-site engineers as well as off-site Global Engineering.
- Provide technical support for vaccine, biologic, and sterile manufacturing processes in the form of troubleshooting, problem-solving, and report writing.
- Develop and implement data analysis techniques to support manufacturing intelligence.
- Support seamless and rapid technology transfers from Upstream Process Development through the review of upstream technology transfer protocols.
- Support change control implementation for both site and global changes.
- Support manufacturing technologies such as Cell Culture and Fermentation, Filling and Packaging, Emulsion Production Lyophilization processes within group as well as Production.
- Learn new processes and procedures.
- Recommending and supporting the creation of automation and process control.
- Perform off-shift work (only as needed).
- Support technical investigations and analyses such as selected process non-conformances (OOS) and deviations.
- Review and troubleshoot, with the help of the team, to recommend and implement corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs).
- Write and review procedures for operation of equipment and processes.
- Contribute to process and equipment safety reviews, process hazard analysis, and feasibility studies.
- B.S. degree in chemical, biochemical, mechanical industrial engineering.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem-solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, ergonomic risks, potential to automate process).
- Desire to be part of a team and work together to solve complex issues.
- The applicant should have knowledge in the principles of process development and scale up.
- Experience in advanced mathematical techniques such as regressions, analysis of variance, correlations to support manufacturing intelligence
- Knowledge of appropriate methods to conduct process analytics including simulations, machine learning, and statistical analyses such as minitab
- Ability to interface effectively with safety, business development, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and administration.
- Good conceptual, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills – must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- A “hands-on” energetic individual who enjoys challenges, a quick pace, and is capable and dedicated to getting the job done. Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
- Desire for continuous learning.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 1 year industrial experience with manufacturing and automation or 1 year data analytics experience
- cGMP experience.
- Biologics or vaccine processing experience.
- Sterile processing.
- Participation in regulatory agency inspections.
- Familiarity with microbiological, molecular or biochemistry principals
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.