Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
The Global Engineering Solutions Development Program (GESDP) is designed to familiarize incoming college graduates with Global Engineering Solutions, our company’s Capital Management Process, and supply network. While in the program, each member is provided coaching with assigned managers and mentors as well as assigned “buddies”. Program members are offered the opportunity to develop their skills in the field of engineering and project management through four assignments over two years in various aspects of the business.
Assignments Includes in the following areas:
- Engineering Design and Business Integration (working with the business to develop the project and managing/coordinating aspects of front-end design)
- Estimating and Controls (learning the basics of developing budget estimates and controlling cost and schedule activities)
- Process Engineering (process fits and capacity evaluations, process and equipment design, installation, qualification, and operation)
- Project Engineering (as a field engineer at one of our Company’s plants or construction sites)
Working in these assignments enables employees to apply their technical knowledge and leadership skills in the design, construction, and engineering support of manufacturing processes and facilities, in a team-based environment. Following the GESDP, the employees continue working in Global Engineering Services (GES) with strong foundational skills and have opportunities for significant networking and travel in supporting the capital projects across the company.
The GES program is based in West Point, PA. The assignment locations will be determined by the project needs at the time of the assignment.
Required Education and Experience :
- Candidates must be a BS in Engineering, from an accredited college/university as of July 2022. Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and must be willing to be assigned to different jobs and different sites over the first two years of employment
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Candidates should have previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- We are seeking graduates with outstanding academic records of achievement and demonstrated leadership abilities, candidates who are analytical and inquisitive about the interrelationships of various components, and perceptive, quick learners committed to making a difference in the pursuit of manufacturing high-quality, market-leading pharmaceutical and vaccine products
Your role at our Company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At our Company, we’re inventing for life.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.