Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations and continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities, and Validation.
At our Company’s campus in Elkton, Virginia, we have an Associate Specialist, Engineering position available on our Technical Operations Team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
- Providing technical support for vaccine, biologic, and sterile manufacturing processes in the form of data analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, report writing
- Supporting change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Performing shift work as needed
- Conducting technical investigations and analyses
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions, and helping lead reduction of atypical events
- Writing, reviewing, and improving procedures for operation of equipment and processes
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose – bringing our Company’s finest achievements to people around the world.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Candidates must have graduate degree with B.S. or M.S. degree in, biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering, bioengineering, biological systems engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, computer science, integrated science, or mechanical engineering prior to or by June/July 2022
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must have excellent academic record
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Candidates must have strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Candidates must have ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Candidates must be enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- Candidates must have strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have experience working in a cGMP environment
- Candidates should have prior relevant work, co-op, or internship experience
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.