The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
These positions provide candidates with great personal/career development opportunities, opportunity to work on projects having impact to vaccine manufacturing, and a chance to see if our Company is the right company for their long-term goals. The intern projects vary with current business need and can be in one or more of the following areas:
VACCINE MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Work as part of the team manufacturing life-saving vaccines for counties all over the world
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve and/or optimize manufacturing processes
- Support/lead projects directly tied to improving the safety and/or compliance performance of the operations areas
IN-LINE PRODUCT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Work with operations and quality groups to maintain products at a high level of performance/compliance through completion of effective investigations, process improvement activities, and other key projects.
- Transfer products within our Company’s internal manufacturing network
- Execute strategic technical projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES MAINTENANCE, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION
- Design, build, and/or renovate advanced manufacturing plants, laboratory and office facilities
- Potential involvement with all phases of project management from the first engineering drawing to the last phase of project start up
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve reliability of equipment and facilities
- Candidates must be Sophomore level curriculum or higher, working toward BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Biomedical, Biological, Computer, Electrical, Packaging, or Mechanical Engineering or other related science (Chemistry, Biology, Virology, or Microbiology) or manufacturing related program (Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, etc.).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have Pharmaceutical or vaccine manufacturing related experience.
- Candidates should have strong collaboration skills, strong communication skills, lean six sigma experience/ knowledge, strong project management skills.
- Candidates should have knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), data analytics experience.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)Relocation:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel RequiredFlexible Work Arrangements:
Not IndicatedValid Driving License:
Number of Openings: